windows 11: A happy free update?
Windows 11 has been finally unveiled after weeks of teases and leaks. Microsoft announced, Windows 11 will be the first big version of Windows since the last version (Windows 10) was released five years ago. Furthermore, the operating system is a free update and therefore, will be free to use for all Windows 10 users. However, your device should be able to support it.
Before you get excited, here are a few highlights from the Microsoft event that was held on 24 June 2021.
Window 11 Features
- It’s a free update for eligible Windows 10 PCs users.
- It will be available through Windows update as Windows 10 updates have been made available previously.
- The minimum hardware requirements for Windows 11 is a 64-bit CPU, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage.
- Windows 11 will have a new UI with much-improved performance and multitasking.
- An updated Windows store and a new start menu.
- It included access to Android apps through Amazon’s Appstore.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has revealed a major policy change to give its platform for developers to make apps for the Microsoft Store. Not just yet, if a developer uses their own payment system or even third-party in their app, Microsoft will let them keep the whole 100 percent revenue. However, games are excluded from this policy.
The good news is Windows 11 is to be rolled out on PCs by the end of 2021.